Thursday, February 2, 2012

heart art

Hearts on maps are popping up all over the place. But that's okay- they're awesome; such a perfect way to display a place in this world that holds a piece of your heart.

I originally got the idea from the Heardmonts last year. Their  blog is one of the first that I started checking into regularly. She did a tutorial for the project here. I modified it, but don't have the step-by-step to share with you today. It can easily be accomplished using the same method I used for the heart on the cookie cutter art last week. 

I just wanted to share this one. 
I made if for my dear friend Kyrie who spent her last semester of college doing an internship in South Africa. I thought this was the perfect graduations/welcome home/way to go gift. 



I'll have to share a tutorial soon. I daydream about someday using this simple artwork to raise money for a good cause. It's relatively inexpensive to create (under $5) and can be custom made for anyone, anywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment