Wednesday, December 21, 2011

amature

**The following post was actually the first one I published. But I was trying to clean a few things up tonight and accidently DELETED it. but whatever- you probably wouldn't have noticed, but I feel the need to come clean.** 

Starting a new blog has been in the making for quite some time now. I’ve debated between Wordpress and Blogger, designed a few banners, and debated names. I’ve started and stopped, talked myself in and then out of it a few dozen hundred times. But the truth is, I need to do it. There are creative ideas and anecdotes trapped in my head begging on a daily basis to be acknowledged. More than wanting to share with you, I need to be able capture my life in words. When I write, and then look back on it days or even years later, I’m never in lack of awe of a God that has provided me with so much on a daily basis. On the days when I feel like He’s not so close, my writing brings Him back;  because I’m living out who He created me to be. I still look back at my old blog that I wrote at the end of my college career. I don't care if no one ever reads it, but it reminds me of God's great love for me! (You are, of course, welcome to read it here if you'd like)

So, here I am- I’ve talked myself back into this idea for the last time. No more excuses. I’m doing it. I’m ready to live a little, to take hold of the adventure that God is offering me.  You can come with if you’d like. I hope you are encouraged or inspired by what I share.   

I've been really into the whole DIY/Pinterest/home decor/upcycle/go to Hobby Lobby 4xs a week trend. Okay, maybe that last one is just me! I'm reading blogs (my bookmark tabs are a hot, hot mess right now because I just keep adding all the awesome ones I'm discovering) and I'm spending late nights in my basement turning out some pretty cool projects that I'll share here.

So, I have plans for this adventure, I really do. But you're going to have to just believe me. I'm choosing to just START. I wish I had a impressive logo, blog template, and all the extras to impress you with but that will come in due time; once I figure out what I'm doing!

Thanks for stopping by. Don't pretend to be impressed---but just you wait and see. I think you'll find something sweet if you stop by again.

Stephanie Herbert{SHerbert}

No comments:

Post a Comment