Tuesday, January 31, 2012

one down, 11 to go

We are one twelfth (I don't think I've ever spelt that word before in my life...I really struggled to get it out right...way besides my point---moving on) of the way through the year. I know that's kind of a silly way to look at it, but because I've set 12 resolutions for the year, it kind of seems like time is already flying. 

I posted my 12 in 2012 at the beginning of the month.

My January resolution was to 

source

So, just how did I do?!

The long and short of it- not too bad!
3.5 out of 5 stars.

Before this month, I could literally (and unhealthily) go through an entire day without so much as a sip of water. I actually began to think that I didn't like the taste of it. I drank more diet coke than anything else. Not the worst choice, but not the best either. Although, somehow this month, there were about 5 Yahoo news articles about how horrible soda even diet, is for you. nice.

I still chose to not completely deny myself soda because I don't drink coffee or juice and I knew that would just be unrealistic and, quite frankly, just plain unfair. The overall goal was to make sure that I was consuming more water than anything else on a daily basis.

I knew I was onto something the first weekend of the month when we traveled out of town to celebrate Christmas with family. They have well water and an endless supply of soda. I brought bottled water with me and stole tiny sips of soda from my sister all weekend. It was kind of a big victory for me. An, "I can do this" moment. 

As for the rest of the month, I continued to do well. I tried to start my day with a bottle of water before anything else. I used Crystal Light sometimes. I slipped up one or two days, drinking more soda than water. But, I got right back on track. 

I will definitely continue this habit. It's not like, all of a sudden, tomorrow I'm going to go buy a Big Gulp! (Not that I ever did before.) But, you know what I mean. I've started a good habit and I fully intend on getting even better and sticking to it.


So far, so good.

For February:
no fast food. no exceptions.

yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment