Sunday, January 22, 2012

one of those weeks

My week wasn't very productive- hence the lack of activity here on a scoop. 
Not too many noteworthy things happened. But here are a few things worth mentioning. 

Happy moment:
Miss Wisconsin, Laura Keappeler, became Miss America! Laura graduated two years after me from St. Joe's. Kenosha was abuzz with the news. We are all so proud of her.

Sad moment:
The Packers biffed it big time. I can hardly believe the season is over. Better luck next year.

Happy moment:
I found a new dentist. Rave reviews for Dental Associates, seriously. They give their new patients an Oral-B spinbrush! I've never had anything but a plain ol' toothbrush. I'm pretty excited about it. I'm also excited about their supplemental insurance. I paid $40 and it will be covering the majority of what my insurance won't. I'm amazed. 

Sad news:
I have to get a root canal. I don't get anxiety about this kind of stuff. I have a very do-what-you-gotta-do attitude. I had one back in the 3rd grade- dental work is nothing new. I'll just be glad when I'm not in constant pain.

Good news:
Monday I had a really great tutoring session with my 5th grade cousin, Jeff. I was so hopeful for the week ahead of him.

Sad news:
Wednesday we had the worst session ever. It came to a close with him trying to walk home from my house in a fit of anger. When I started to go after him, I totally didn't pay attention to the ice on the ground and biffed it big time! I ended the day with a bruised heart and butt. 

I guess that's kind of it for the week. I really didn't do anything crafty. I'm telling you- it just wasn't my best week. 

But, I'm hopeful for tomorrow. I have some plans for tutorials and other projects to share here this week. After a week away, I'm learning how much this simple little blog really does make me feel productive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment